The Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association of New Zealand (CTFA), operating as Cosmetics New Zealand, is the incorporated body representing cosmetic, toiletry and fragrance businesses in New Zealand.
We are an independent non-profit, non-collusive organisation that plays a major role in determining the direction of the cosmetic industry.
Issues like HSNO, regulatory requirements and harmonisation have considerable influence on the direction of our industry.
We are the voice of the industry in New Zealand.
Membership of Cosmetics New Zealand offers many benefits including:
- Access to advice on regulatory issues for marketing cosmetic product in NZ
- Guidance on NZ commercial law
- Guides and information on export market requirements
- Sales and salary statistics
- Use of business templates
- Being part of proactive advocacy for the cosmetic industry
- Certificates of Free Sale for exporters
- Certification of Manufacturers for Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
Other activities of Cosmetics New Zealand include:
- Liaising with government departments such as New Zealand Trade & Enterprise, Consumer Affairs, The EPA and Medsafe.
- Monitoring of legislation, including submissions on bills before parliament to ensure they are compatible with industry objectives.
- Conducting sales and salary surveys to provide accurate and up to date information unobtainable elsewhere and exclusive to members.
- Acting as a referral centre for trade inquiries originating both offshore and locally.
- Liaising with sister associations overseas and disseminating topical information to members.
- Keeping members informed by way of newsletters and seminars on both international and local matters potentially affecting members’ businesses.
- Providing a forum for member companies to express their views and concerns and to network with each other.
- Running an informal sub-group, the Small Business Group, for small to medium size enterprises.
- Supporting our industry charity, Look Good Feel Better, an initiative to boost the self esteem of cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
- Facilitating local participation in the ISO process to represent members’ best interests in international standards.
- Assisting exporters by providing a service to members for GMP Certification and Certificates of Free Sale.